Delta Eta Boulé Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation organized in 1998. It is the fund raising arm of Delta Eta Boulé commonly known as “The Boule.” Delta Eta is the Denver chapter of Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity, the oldest African American fraternity in the country.
The Delta Eta Boulé Scholarship Program (DEB-SP) enables under-served students with financial need to achieve their greatest potential through higher education. DEB-SP is offered to those high school students residing in the Denver metropolitan area and enrolled in an accredited college.
DEB-SP believes that supporting African American scholars will enable these students to focus on their studies rather than the rising cost of tuition and expenses.
The funding for each Boulé Scholar is $2,500 over the next 4 years.
Delta Eta Boulé Scholars are students who demonstrate their desire and ability to overcome barriers and to achieve their goals. To be eligible to apply for the Delta Eta Boulé Scholarship Program an applicant must meet the below listed criteria:
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- African American Male
- Residing in the Denver metropolitan area
- Graduating from an accredited high school this academic year
- Earning a minimum of a 3.0 GPA unweighted
- Enrolled at an accredited higher education institution i.e. college, trade or vocation school in the fall directly after graduating high school
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance
An applicant will be evaluated on:
- Determination to succeed — Future goals and plans to achieve them.
- Ability to communicate — Hardships they have overcome or currently face.
- Self-motivation — In completing challenging coursework.
- Demonstrated — Need for financial assistance
How to apply:
- Deadline for submission of application second week of January each year
- Interview Date TBD
- Selection Notification no later than June 1st, 2017